SSAT Flex Testing
Academics Plus serves as an official SSAT Flex Testing site to students who may benefit from a smaller, more "homey" testing environment. Flex testing is offered to individual students on Monday-Friday mornings; however, weekend appointments are available for an additional fee. A student does not need to have a diagnosed disability or formal accommodations, such as an IEP, in order to qualify for flex testing. Many students benefit from a more individualized, supportive environment. Flex testing scores are viewed the same as traditional SSAT scores by each school.
The flex testing process is as follows:
- Call our office at 404-816-0708 to reserve a date for your child's SSAT to be administered at Academics Plus.
- Once a test date is confirmed, you will receive an access code to register with our testing facility.
- Once you receive the access code, please go to www.ssat.org to register. Our test center code is 0113. When you register, include the schools where you would like for your child's scores to be sent. You can choose to send the scores at a later date; however, SSAT does charge an additional fee for this service.
- If you are requesting accommodations for your child, such as extended time or use of a laptop for the writing portion, you must get the approval from SSAT at least two weeks before the scheduled test date. In order to request accommodations, you must download the Special Accommodations form from the SSAT website and then have your child’s current school complete the form and send it directly to SSAT. You are responsible for providing the accommodations for your child.
- After your child completes the test, we will overnight it to SSAT. You may request to have the scores emailed when you register; however, SSAT charges an additional fee for this service. According to the SSAT website, tests take approximately 10-14 days to be graded by their team.
- Our office does not receive a copy of the scores, and we are not responsible for scores being submitted to schools.
- Please note that the SSAT Flex test may only be taken once per academic year.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy testing environment for your child. For that reason, if your student has had a fever, flu-like symptoms or a stomach virus within 48 hours prior to testing, please call and we will help you reschedule your child's test date. If your student arrives at our office and shows symptoms of being ill, we will ask you to take your child home and reschedule the test at a later date.
To schedule a SSAT Flex Testing appointment, please call our office, 404-816-0708, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.